Here is a brief collection of information about participating in online lectures. Please read this.
- Feel free to join with video if the bandwidth allows it, but please mute yourself except when asking a question. Please ask questions! Both will make the lecture much livelier. For now, we will try to just have you unmute yourself and ask questions. If this is too chaotic, raise your hand first.
- You may, and it is very encouraged to, use the chat function to ask questions. Feel free to answer someone else's question in the chat if you think you know the answer or have a comment. We will have a moderator who monitors the chat and will pass on the questions to the lecturer. The more discussion, the better!
- You do not need to download zoom to join the lecture, you can join from your browser, see documentation here. Also, if you feel uncomfortable asking a question with your name visible, you may rename yourself for asking the question. If you still have concerns using zoom, please contact me directly.
- The notes will be made available online, hopefully in more or less live time, so you can scroll up. I will post the link during the lecture in the chat.
- Please do not publicly share the zoom link to ensure some security.