The Biostatistics group offers Master thesis topics to Mathematics students motivated for research in state-of-the-art data science and advanced statistical modeling methods for the analysis of biomedical and public health data. Topics track those in recent Biostatistics seminars, with priority given to students completing a Biostatistics seminar with perfect attendance.
To be eligible to apply for Master thesis supervision in Biostatistics, students should have passed at least two of the following courses.
- Multivariate Statistics [MA4472]
- Applied Regression [MA4401]
- Computational Statistics [MA3402]
- Generalized Linear Models [MA3403]
- Advanced Mathematical Biology [MA3602]
- Mathematical Models in Biology [MA3601]
- Foundations of Data Analysis [MA4800]
Eligible students should email their Master TUM grade transcripts and a letter of motivation to Prof. Donna Ankerst at ankerst (at) tum.de.