To start a Master or Diploma thesis at the chair, you have to pass at least three of the following modules
- Applied Regression [MA4401]
- Computational Statistics [MA3402]
- Fundamentals of Mathematical Statistics [MA5441]
- Generalized Linear Models [MA3403]
- Graphical Models [MA5439]
- Quantitative Risk Management [MA5415]
- Statistical Analysis of Copulas [MA5435]
In addition you have to pass one of the chair's Master seminars (or an equivalent achievement).
- Súkeník, Peter: Improving the certifiable robustness using input-dependent randomized-smoothing (Mathias Drton, Aleksei Kuvshinov)
- Jeanrenaud, Antoine: Bivariate causal discovery with non-linear models (Mathias Drton, David Strieder)
- Benker, Roman: Zeitdiskrete Gleichgewichtsmodelle (Mathias Drton, Alexandros Grosdos Koutsoumpelias)
- Hochsprung, Tom: Learning sparse Gaussian graphical models with few covariance queries (Mathias Drton, Carlos Amendola Ceron)
- Bulté, Matthieu: Higher-order statistics for high-dimensional problems with applications to graphical models (Mathias Drton)
- Haffner, Stefan: Two likelihood-ratio based approaches for interval estimation of causal effects in linear structural equation models (Mathias Drton)
- Dreier, Lukus: Identifiability of Cyclic Structural Equation Models with Gaussian Homoscedastic Error Terms (Mathias Drton, Miguel de Benito Delgado)
- Help-Desk for students with questions and problems using LaTeX or MATLAB.
- A masterfile in German and a masterfile in English will be provided by the chair.
- Information from the University Library about Searching & Finding literature
- You will find an example to create a presentation here.
- Guidelines for Statistical Projects: Coding and Typography (by Marius Hofert and Ulf Schepsmeier)
- Manual to create a package in software environment R.
- Useful tools and packages for the software environment R.