To start a Master or Diploma thesis at the chair, you have to pass at least three of the following modules
- Applied Regression [MA4401]
- Computational Statistics [MA3402]
- Generalized Linear Models [MA3403]
- Quantitative Risk Management [MA5415]
- Stochastic Analysis [MA4405]
- Time Series Analysis [MA3411]
In addition you have to pass one of the chair's Master seminars (or an equivalent achievement).
- Allwright,Emma: Development of an enhanced additive logistic regression model for European thunderstorms and their associated hazards (Claudia Czado)
- Martonak, Michal: Bayesian modelling of insurance risks with deep learning (Mathias Drton)
- Schmitt, Johannes: Bayesian experimental design for causal structure learning (Mathias Drton)
- Müller, Thomas: Knockoffs based on high-dimensional mixed graphical models (Mathias Drton)
- Freidling, Tobias: Model uncertainty in statistical inference (Mathias Drton)
- Kollosche, Susan: Statistical analysis of energy appliance data (Claudia Czado, Alexander Kreuzer)
- Help-Desk for students with questions and problems using LaTeX or MATLAB.
- A masterfile in German and a masterfile in English will be provided by the chair.
- Information from the University Library about Searching & Finding literature
- You will find an example to create a presentation here.
- Guidelines for Statistical Projects: Coding and Typography (by Marius Hofert and Ulf Schepsmeier)
- Manual to create a package in software environment R.
- Useful tools and packages for the software environment R.